New Details About WhatsApp’s Multi-Device Support Leaked!
Being able to use the same WhatsApp account on multiple devices at the same time has been a feature that users have wanted for a long time. A few months ago, we reported that the Facebook-owned company WhatsApp is working on multi-device support, and although this news makes users happy, we have yet to see the feature in action.
For those unfamiliar with the event, the multi-device support feature is a new user experience that will allow users to connect and use multiple devices (up to 4) simultaneously. In other words, you will no longer need to open the WhatsApp mobile app to use it on other devices, nor will you need to connect your main device to the internet.
The Facebook-owned company is reportedly looking to give a public preview of the multi-device messaging feature. Now some more data on how the feature will work has been revealed via WhatsAppbetaInfo.
- Connected devices can work without an active Internet connection on the main device.
- Your main device’s internet connection may be interrupted for up to 2 months.
- You can connect up to 4 devices to your WhatsApp account.
- Supported devices include WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop and Facebook Portal.
- Multi-device will be available as a beta feature for those who want to try it, and will be optional initially.
- Voice and video calls work on connected devices.
- You can’t message or call people who have an older version of WhatsApp installed.
- The feature is expected to arrive in 2 months, but of course this date could be extended.